• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Member's pics?

Maser

I know this may sound like another thread begging for an off-topic section, but that's not what i'm asking for. Would it be ok if we had a sticky thread in the general discussion area where we could post pics of ourselves. I know it seems a little juvenile, but I think it's cool to be able to put a face to the screen names we see everyday here. I think it would be nice after having received useful advice from a member that most likely you would never meet in real life, to be able to know what they look like. And to keep this site gun related, how bout we only post pics with our guns in the pics with us. What do you think mods?

Northeastshooters.com has a thread "What do you look like?" that has proven to be very popular.
Whereas the forum has more or less a local following around the New England area, it's not at all uncommon for upwards of 40 or 50 members to gather together at a function.
That's where all the photos posted online comes in handy.

Mal,

The only problem with that thread is that it looks as if about half of the pictures have dropped off due to changes in hosting locations.

I'd have to say that a significant number of the posters in that thread have also dropped off.

I'd really suggest starting a new, fresh one instead of piggy backing a lot of pictures onto a "resurected" thread that will probably raise more equestions than not.

Mike - yep, I saw that some pix were MIA. In fact I deleted half a dozen posts due to that even before I posted the link. I'll try to continue with that effort. I doubt that the missing posts will be missed by the original posters.

However, I still think it's better to use the old thread in order to have all the pix in one place - old and new. It's like an album. You don't buy a new one just because it's been a few years since you pasted a photo in it.

[BTW - I think you're taking the practice of prepending an 'e' to words to make them internet connected a little too far. ;) (And, yes, I know prepend isn't really a word, but it should be.)]

Back