• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Member Status question

Courier

I don't mean to waste time with this question, but I'm curious how do you advance from a junior member to a member. Is it by the number of posts, or the date that you registered? Thanks

Junior Members are promoted to full Members when they learn to use the search function to find answers to questions that have been asked many times before... :rolleyes:

Members are promoted to Senior Members when they learn to take a good-natured ribbing from a moderator without getting p!$$ed off... ;)

You have much potential, young Courier. :D

TBM - I thought it was based on the number of quality posts a member has written.

15 quality posts makes you a "Member"
100 quality posts makes you a "Senior Member"

But be aware that for every trash post you submit, we must subtract 3 from your post count. That is why you'll find some members who have been here a very long time with post counts only in the teens. And if you question the member status system for any reason whatever, you lose 10 from your post count. Courier - your post count is currently at -4. ;)

Thanks for the help guys. M H - I didn't think that there were any woods left in Northern Va., all I see is traffic and blacktop, and more traffic. Oh, darn it, I guess this wasn't a quality post so I just lost three more posts. Thanks for the info.

Back