Medusa?

Adominable No-Man or anyone else, can you provide more info on the Medusa revolver if you can? I never heard of one and I'm curious about it.:)

I have a 4" barrel version with the black teflon finish.

First off, for those that don't know, the Medusa is a multi-caliber revolver that uses a unique extractor system that is spring loaded to hold cartridges into place so that you can shoot non-rimmed cartridges such as 9mm, 9x21, etc. They calim you can shoot like 35 different .356-.357 diameter cartidges through it, although many are old or obsolete.

I was not entirely excited about the finish of my gun, there are some rough spots such as what appears to be a dent on the edge of the recoil plate.

I haven't shot it a great deal, but accuracy was pretty good with Federal 9mm (didn't measure group sizes). Speedloading won't happen with this gun in my opinion due to the extractor system.

They claimed on their website that their gun was able to accept the (then) new 9x23 Winchester. I bought a box and tried it out -- it doesn't work. I emailed them but they never responded.

All in all I like it, but for the $600 I paid I would say it was a bit much. I'm going to keep the gun but I feel it's more of a novelty than anything else.

www.phillipsandrodgers.com

They also make some conversions for .45 S&W and Ruger revolvers.

For those not interested in buying a Medusa, they do (or at least used to) offer a cylinder to fit a S&W 686 that is multi-caliber.

Supposedly they also offer a multi-caliber rifle, but I've never seen pricing or it for sale anywhere.

If someone is interested in a Medusa there is a 6" barrelled version for auction on either Gunbroker.com or auctionarms.com. Starting bid is $550 with no bids as of Tuesday.

Back