Medusa Revolver

striderteen

Has anyone here used a Phillps & Rogers Medusa Model 47 multi-caliber revolver? Very neat idea...it'll safely chamber and fire over 25 types of revolver and semiauto ammo, including .38, 9mm and .357 Magnum.

I've never even seen one, except in magazine's. Neat idea,
I wouldn't mind owning one; but where do I find them?

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

The utility of these things, IMO, ended with the ability to shoot 9mm para, .38 special, .357 magnum, and (I think) .38 super from the same gun. The rest of the cartridges on the list of things it would chamber and fire tended towards the rare and antique.

Their list also shows .380 ACP and 9mm Kurtz as if they are different cartridges. They're not. I'm not saying their product isn't excellent, but it's a little deceiving to show the 380 as two different cartridges.

Phillips and Rogers have a website, but I cannot recall what it is. Colt makes a clone of the Medusa called Colt Multi Caliber. I consider this revolver a novelty item for gun fanciers. I wouldn't mind having one myself, in order to be able to shoot 9 MM and 357/38 special in the same handgun.

Drakejake

I had thought that they also do a conversion cylinder to other revolvers.

I think the main point is reliable firing and extraction of most anything of that case size without moonclips. I would think a gun that could shoot heavy .357 for hunting, cheap 9mm for practice and premium 9mm +P for defense would be a very useful tool.

Back