Medusa 47

I have one and have been meaning to do a Youtube video review on it. It's cool as a novelty and for the prepper-minded maybe but it's not enjoyable at the range. The fingers holding the rounds in make extracting spent casings tricky and, frankly, annoying, I get punctured primers a lot (probably a heavy hammer to ignite all sorts of primers), and accuracy isn't too great for a revolver, about 3-4" at 15yds with 38spl/9mm/357. I believe it is a modified S&W, to the extent that the factory grips are Uncle Mike's K/L frame grips.

P&R Medusa Info

The Medusa is a "from the ground up" creation. I had a Medusa cylinder fitted to a S&W 686 and I found the 686 to be slightly less accurate and a little "looser" than the Medusa.

Two things to consider in purchasing a Medusa (if you can even find one for sale) are:

* Repair/replacement parts are very difficult to find
* The price on these guns have gone through the roof

Mark

Medusas are very rare and very expensive wheelguns, but they're an ingenious concept, you can shoot 380 through 357mag in them so you can always find ammo for a Medusa.

They are very ingenious and original.
They probably make more sense as part of a collection than for regular use.
But what the heck, we only live once.
Best of luck in your search.
Let us know what you find.

The Medusa is a pretty interesting beast.
I have no hands on experience with them but I've heard one of the sacrifices made was to accuracy.. still I'd think a gun like the Medusa would best be served as some sort of SHTF survival gun.

as others have mentioned prices are creeping up and not likely to ever creep down on these.

I've never seen one of these at the local shops (used) and only twice at gun shows, online might be the best option for tracking one down.

The Medusa is a pretty interesting beast.
I have no hands on experience with them but I've heard one of the sacrifices made was to accuracy.. still I'd think a gun like the Medusa would best be served as some sort of SHTF survival gun.

as others have mentioned prices are creeping up and not likely to ever creep down on these.

I've never seen one of these at the local shops (used) and only twice at gun shows, online might be the best option for tracking one down.

^well you can get better accuracy out of any gun with "ryo ammo", but with 9mm/380/38super it won't get much better accuracy, oh also lets not forget about the 9mm Win Mag IIRC it's about the same OAL as the 38 spl. :)

Last edited:
IF I anticipated engaging in guerrilla warfare (at 83!!) and IF I had to carry a revolver and IF it had to use more than one caliber of ammo, I might consider a Medusa. But it seems unlikely I will have to fight a guerrilla war in the immediate future, and if I did, I would carry a 9mm pistol so I could "borrow" ammo from the military. The Medusa is a silly and totally impractical gun, with no real usefulness and no point except for its "wow!" factor among fans of freak guns.

Jim

Of Course Lifesizepotato would have one;) Got to shoot one years ago. It did work with all the different 9mm/38/357 etc, ammo we tried. Had the issues Lifesizepotato describes and did have misfires with .380 ammo. After using one, I was never tempted to purchase one..............ymmv

Back