MEC GAR MAGAZINES

beemerb

Well it has been about 2 months sense sending in two defective magazines to them.I have recieved nothing from them.No letter nor email or replacement mags.I guess I am out about 40.00 for the magas plus the shipping.One would think that they would stand behind the mags that crack.
They have lost a customer and I hope through my posting they will lose more.

Bob

Mec-Gars are usually pretty good. What were you using them in? I thought I had some. I just went and checked. Both my P-32 mags are Mec-Gars.

Kentucky Rifle

If I am not mistaken, I believe my CZ 97B uses Mec-Gar magazines......I'll check on that (the gun is currently in my safe).

I hope they dont give me problems down the road.

I had to deal with them once few years ago and had very satisfactory and prompt resolution (they replaced my mag and sent a second one free for the trouble). They are one of the largest magazine manufacturer in the world and I believe they produce or used to produce mags for Walther, Sig, Kimber (sometimes), Keltek, Kahr and some others. In general their mags are of good qualitity.

Were they "standard capacity" or the nuetered mags? Did ya try and call them...( dont ask me for a number I don't know but there are registreis for componies).

Give them a call, it won't cost much. I've got several MecGar mags and have had no trouble with them, maybe you just fell thru the cracks. Nobody is perfect and everyone makes a lemon or two now and again, but most people here seem to like thier MecGars, and report good service from the company too.

Don in Ohio

They where used in a Sig 220 and are stock 7 rounders.I have emailed them and recieved no answers at all.I have anopther one that has developed the same crack.If you are useing mec gar mags check the back top for cracks.I am not the only one that has had problem and have been ignored by them.

kimber man;
Been there and emailed both Italy and US with no response to either.Call to Italy?Too much money I think.
I do thank you for your post.

My "refurbished" P-32...

..came home yesterday with a new Mec-Gar magazine. Bob, a call to Italy, at certain times, is not expensive. My wife and I go to Europe evey year and call home to check on our parents and dogs every night. After a two and a half week vacation, the phone bill is about $35-$45.

Kentucky Rifle

Back