Mec gar magazines

oldbear1950

Need some help folks ,
I have two MEC GAR MAGAZINES I got with a new gun.

I also have two magazines that have similar holes in the magazine, all are 8 round magazines and the two look like MEC GAR mags

READ; ACT - MAG ITALY / PSI USA

THE floor plates look the same

are these in fact MEC GAR MAGAZINES

oldbear1950 said:
are they any good?
Some manufacturers use (or have used) ACT mags as their OEM magazines. I have not been impressed with reviews I have read of ACT magazines, and that extends to reviews of new guns that shipped with ACT magazines, failed to perform, but did perform when fitted with Mec-Gar magazines.

I have used ACT-MAG Sig P220 mags for about 20 years. More recently I have used their Beretta 92 and S&W M&P mags. None of their mags have given me any problems.

In my experience mec-gar magazine are great. They make a lot of factory magazines for manufacturers to my understanding.

I have a couple act 1911 mags mixed in with my mec gar. Never noticed a difference. Used an act 7 rounder in my officer frame as it's main magazine for years now.

MecGar have worked well for me - Beretta 92. Pretty sure MecGar is also the OEM choice for pistols like the Hi Power.

Like someone else said, Mec-Gar makes magazines for gun manufacturers. My Tanfoglio Stock (Witness Stock) 10mm uses Mec-Gar magazines, which are considered factory. Nicely made magazines, high-polished and blued - some of the nicest I've seen and they all work flawlessly.

gardone-arms-factories-png.26671

Back