Mec-gar adjustable sights

railroader

I just ordered some mec-gar's for my cz75B. The stock rear sight on the gun is super tight. Any suggestions on how to replace the front and rear sight would be appreciated. I'm thinking I might have to find a smith with a sight pusher. Thanks.

Railroader, I'd recommend you take it to a smith with a pusher. You can probably eventually beat it off with a drift punch but you run the risk of the punch slipping and marring the slide. When they are that tight nylon drifts don't work. George

Thanks George, I got the rear sight out. You will like this, I had my wife stand on the barrel end on my slide on the carpet. This held it still so I could knock out the rear sight with a piece of hard wood and a hammer. It took awhile but it came out clean with no dings on the sight or the slide. Now to wait for the Mec-gar's.

railroader,

Assuming the pistol is pointing forward, did you go left to right when knocking the sight out? I think the rear sight have a slight taper...

Regards,

UK2TX

I knocked it out from right to left. That is what it says to do on the mec-gar instructions. On colts and other american pistols you knock them out from left to right according to mec-gar.

no problem, ukstx. The rear sight was super tight. I put on the new sights, much better than the factory sight for me.By the way I go to the cz forum every day, it's a good forum. Thanks

Back