Me and my buddy finished a project ...

flashhole

Bought the 5/8" thick AR 500 8" gong on eBay delivered to the house for $20.50.

Repurposed some old bed rails that have been hanging around for at least 20 years.

Scrounged some nuts and bolts from the junk bin.

Cut two short pieces of chain from a longer length I had on hand.

Used the remainder of a can of spray paint my daughter used on a 4-H project.

Had to buy two open chain links and two J-hooks.

Total cost less than $25 unless I count the 6-pack of beer I went through grinding off the nipples and rivets from the bed rails.

My buddy provided moral support throughout the entire project and insisted on getting in the pic.

That is really nice -- a job well done.

Seeing your buddy in front of the target reminds me of the time a couple of years ago when I was staying with some friends who had a property in the country. We got out our .22s, set up a target, and were just getting ready to have some fun when one of their cats, who had been watching the proceedings, decided that she needed to sit right in front of the target. We'd go down range and chase her off, and by the time we were back to the firing line, she'd be back in the same spot. And she wasn't about to let us catch her and put her inside, either, the little stinker.

Nice setup. You should get a lot of mileage out of it.
Looks like the pooch gives his approval as well.

E T - while at the shooting range one day doing load development I had a ground hog run out of the woods and stand up looking at me directly in front of my target. I did not try to chase it away. Didn't have to move my gun side to side at all, just tilted it down a bit and chambered another round.

Little buddy is a female and she loves the two barn cats we have. In fact, there's nothing that this dog doesn't like. Great companion and excellent herding chickens but not a very good watch dog.

We were at an archery 3d match lining up on a raccoon target.
When a real raccoon walks out from behind it.
Critters are fun.
One of the club members had a dog that would retrieve his arrows from the targets.
Neat dog - enjoy.

Nice target. Inventive. Saved lots of money. Love stories like this. Cute dog and he looks happy. Bet he was a big help doing the project.

Back