MDT mod

stagpanther

MDT is rapidly becoming my favorite "stock" for my bolt action rifles. I don't think they necessarily shoot better than a really well-done wood stock, but they sure are a heck of a lot simpler with little to no "voodoo"--tighten two screws and you're done. I've been meaning to try out the folding stock option--and as usual MDT's execution is excellent and robust. My concept is to have an easy break-down/easy assemble tactical grade rifle that can also be compactly stowed in a backpack. Popping the receiver off the stock shortens this package by another 6" or so--the total length being well under a 22" sporter barrelled rifle in a wood stock--even though the length of barrel with brake in this set-up is 28."

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4005.jpg
    IMG_4005.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 93
Before you decide on a folding stock adapter, check out http://ballisticxlr.com/2020/11/08/f...er-comparison/

If you're looking to have a break-down rifle, then you really want to take a look at the Barloc device. With that you can get your total length down to whatever your barrel length is.
That's my rifle in the pic above. Interesting comparisons--maybe I got lucky but it only took me a few minutes to do the install without instructions. It's bomber and brilliantly engineered IMO. I've yet to be disappointed by anything I've purchased from MDT.

If you're looking to have a break-down rifle, then you really want to take a look at the Barloc device.
I'll definitely take a look at ARC's Barloc--I think their scope rings are the best I've used

Last edited:
Back