MD Labs "Hard Use Guns" Smithy Open For Business.

MAD DOG

The wait is over.
We are now offering expert, renaissance quality Gunsmithing work on 1911s; Browning High Powers; Remington 870 Wingmasters; Winchester model 12s; controlled feed rifles like the Winchester pre 64 mdl 70 and 70 Classic; 1903/03A3 Springfield; some Mausers, P14/17, etc.

All work is done in house by Steve Morrison and myself.

Services include reliability and accuracy work, custom stocks, bedding, scopes, chokes/forcing cones, MD Labs Tefcoat finishing, dehorning, barrels, beavertails, sights and more.
Sniper rifles
Hunting rifles
Lightweight rifles
Customized shotguns
Customized 1911s
customized High Powers

All work done on customer supplied weapons.
Weapons submitted for modification subject to approval.
We MUCH prefer not to do "fix it" work on weapons already butchered by incompetent smithing or substandard manufacturing.
No Les Baer, Essex, Para Ordnance, Safari Arms, or Olympic Arms guns accepted.

Contact Kevin McClung or Steve Morrison for more details.
Kevin: maddog@maddogknives.net
Steve: steve@harduseguns.com

Shop telephone #520-772-3021

Thyanks, and Happy Shootin',

Mad Dog

MD, congratulations and best of luck to you. I have a question though. I was wondering why you won't accept the guns on your list of manufacturers and also why you wouldn't be willing to re-repair etc a bad job from another smith. The only work I ever turn down is due to safety issues. George

Thanks for the kind words, George.
With regards to your questions I would offer the following:

Our mission is to build the most reliable and durable guns possible with the workmanship being the highest quality available. We are best able to accomplish this when starting with a "clean canvas".

We prefer not to work on products from the manufacturers listed due to quality and/or customer service issues with the above mentioned companies.

I might add we are also offering full service for CZ75 pistols.

Steve

maddog,

why is it that les baer makes such a bad pistol?
please be specific.!

why,if he makes such a bad pistol does clint smith (the 1911 expert)endorce only his guns.

Baer's pistols aren't bad. It's just that they have evidenced some attitude/customer service problems that were bad enough to sour some important folks on their guns. My understanding is that they were kicked out of the American Pistolsmiths Guild for that reason. To confirm that, contact the guild.

Back