mcarbo spring kit

Shadow9mm

Got and installed a M-carbo spring kit for my TC Compass trigger. It came with 2 main springs, one for hunting(drop safe) one for bench(not drop safe). Hunting is supposed to be 2.5lb, bench 1.5lb. I need to get a trigger pull gauge, however I am estimating 4lb after install with a very clean break. Now, I am happy with the clean 4ish lb pull. M-carbo lists the factory trigger at a 4.5lb pull weight, however the lowest I was ever able to adjust it to was in the 6.5lb range so it started out higher to begin with. Also They used a teflon grease on the sear engagement, I used a thicker oil. Between the 2 differences I am happy with how the trigger came out over all.

Last edited:
I've got a mcarbo spring coming for my Ruger American, hoping it lightens the trigger pull to around 2#'s and eliminates the creep and inconsistent break I'm getting. Factory trigger really sucks.

I put the Mcarbo benchrest spring into my TC Compass and it is an amazing improvement, I tightened up the adjustment range to make it stiffer since it started at 2lbs and I wanted a little more but it’s very smooth, crisp and light now. Well worth the money for it, saved me a lot of time messing around trying to find or trim to fit my own spring assortment to get it right.

The default on mine was the revised stock trigger.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

I bought two for my Model 70's, one dropped the original weight from 4.5 lbs to an incredibly crisp 2.5 lbs.
However the other one went from a nice 3 lbs to 4.5lbs, imagine the look on my face...not sure what the ailment is yet, no time for disassembly lately.

I put the Mcarbo benchrest spring into my TC Compass and it is an amazing improvement, I tightened up the adjustment range to make it stiffer since it started at 2lbs and I wanted a little more but it’s very smooth, crisp and light now. Well worth the money for it, saved me a lot of time messing around trying to find or trim to fit my own spring assortment to get it right.

The default on mine was the revised stock trigger.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!
I'm really thinking about doing what you did and putting the bench spring in with 1 nut. I got a trigger pull gauge today and it is dead on at 4lb. its definitely and improvement, but its not the 2.5 I was hoping for. I just gotta make sure its drop safe.

I'm really thinking about doing what you did and putting the bench spring in with 1 nut. I got a trigger pull gauge today and it is dead on at 4lb. its definitely and improvement, but its not the 2.5 I was hoping for. I just gotta make sure its drop safe.

I dropped mine several times and angles from waist to concrete to see that myself, and while not a standardized test and statistically relevant sample I’m confident it is not easily released by drop.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA

Back