Mayors blaming gun manufacturers

DaleA

The dumb just keeps continuing.
5 manufacturers responsible for over half of guns seized in a dozen cities: Study

Screams the headline as though the manufacturers are responsible for what people do with their products.

Spoiler alert: the top 5 manufacturers are Glock, Taurus, S&W, Ruger and Polymer80.

"If this were any other industry that was as deadly then the government would have already acted to make sure that we got rid of whatever was killing our citizens," St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones said.

If you want to read all the drivel it's here:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/5...pc=U531&cvid=938d84bff35d47eaae00e23dfa324481

Yes, like: Chevrolet, Ford, Toyota, Nissan... Just another attempt at denying personal responsibility for bad decision. Much more politically expedient to blame faceless corporations than to address the actual problems facing these communities.

This is politics 101. When things are going bad - crime is increasing - the politicians in power blame everyone else. They blame the other party, neighboring states, manufacturers, anyone that makes it look like they themselves have no control over crime.

When things a re going well - crime is decreasing - they tout their effective policies and wonderful team as the reason for the improvement.

Substitute "inflation" or any other issue for "crime" and they use the same game plan.

"If this were any other industry that was as deadly then the government would have already acted to make sure that we got rid of whatever was killing our citizens," St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones said.
Why isn't Mayor Tishuara ranting about bathtubs and motor vehicles?

What the "good mayor" seems to be unable (or more likely, unwilling) to understand is that the thing that is "killing our citizens" ARE OUR CITIZENS!

If nothing is done to address that basic fact, the problem won't, and can't be fixed.

So the Mayors (who are responsible for police activitites and enforcement of laws within their cities) are blaming a product manufacturer (who have no control over how their product is used after it leaves their factories) for criminal activities (willful violations of laws by people) in their own cities? So they're blaming manufacturers for criminal actions of people who live within their area of responsibility? It's not my fault, it's their fault! Is that how it's being played out?

Of course! Political resposibility shirking. Makes perfect sense to me. :confused:

Those excuses didn't work on the playground in grade school, they shoudn't work now.

TO quote a line from Jungle Cruise...

"Remember, it's only a scam if you fall for it!"

:rolleyes:

These politicians are literally blaming others for their own failure to do their job properly.

Too many people DO fall for it....
:mad:

I don't.

TO quote a line from Jungle Cruise...

"Remember, it's only a scam if you fall for it!"

These politicians are literally blaming others for their own failure to do their job properly.

Too many people DO fall for it....

I don't.

Boy did you ever hit tha nail on the head. In a big city, blaming guns and gun companies is what you do. Throwing little Johnny in jail for murder is mean, racist and disrespects his family. He was getting quite serious about his music until police chased him down, arrested him, threw him in jail, shot him in self defense. The whole community comes out against the mayor.

Which is better for re-election?

To repeat what I said earlier,

the thing that is "killing our citizens" ARE OUR CITIZENS!

The "assault weapons" and mass murders get the headlines, but more people are shot and killed in our major cities every weekend...week in and week out...

And very few of them are being gunned down by some crazed extremist with a high capacity rifle. According to what I read in the news, the majority of people shot are shot by handguns, in the hands of the criminal subculture, call them gangs, thugs, dope dealers, or whatever, these people shoot at anyone they seem to dislike, and anyone else near them.

New laws aren't going to change that. A different approach to law enforcement and prosecution, MIGHT,,,,

The GOVERNMENT is the deadliest "industry" there is, starting with mayors like her that do not punish criminals for committing crimes

Back