Maverick and Mossberg barrels

Mossberg/Maverick

KENN.... YES. The only difference in the actions is that the Maverick has only one action bar whereas the Mossberg has two bars.
In fact, I bought two extra Mossberg barrels a couple years ago to fit onto my Maverick....After checking in with Mossberg to confirm the safety of using the cross-use of them. Mossberg said "No problem. Go ahead".
I've had no problems at all with them.
WILL

The only difference in the actions is that the Maverick has only one action bar whereas the Mossberg has two bars

Maverick actions produced in the last decade or so also have two action bars. The differences between the Mossberg and the Maverick now are more in the quality of the internal parts.

Maverick/mossberg barrels

DOYLE.... Right you are. I bought my Maverick in '91. Forgot about the new models with the double bars.
WILL

Thanks, guys! I found a pretty good deal on a Maverick. I can basically get another 12-ga for the price of a barrel, and I already have three barrels for it.

There is actually a little more difference than just the finish. The trigger group is different as is the safety. There could be other parts that are different too, but I don't know. The major components are interchangable.

Back