Mauser Strap Question

Mesa

I just bought a VZ 24 and it came with a strap. I cannot for the life of me figure out how the thing threads up and attaches. I drew (quickly) a pic with the items the strap came with. Maybe I'm missing some parts? Anybody?

Attachments

• mauser.jpg
    mauser.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 64
Here is how it works. The two little metal things are used like collar buttons or sort of like rivets. You put one end of the sling through the sling swivel and fold it over on itself so that two holes are lined up and pass the button through the holes through both thickness of the sling. One end has more than two holes to allow for some adjustment and this end usually is put toward the front.

I appreciate the response but something must be missing from the strap. I have one of the buttons, and one leather tab looking deal with a button mounted in it. (See drawing). Problem is, the button mounted in the leather is far too short to pass through two layers of leather. Plus the leather tab has a slit in it that is obviously for the strap to pass through, and it has a leather loop on it too, for the strap to pass through. I have racked my brain and I can't figure it out.

mesa,

I "think" I emailed you some pictures of a mauser strap, but I guess there is more than one kind of strap.

I'll attempt to post the one picture that I think is the key to this thing.

If it looks like it's been through a war, well yeah, at least one.

Attachments

• mvc-002s.jpg
    mvc-002s.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 33
Thanks for all the responses. I have figured out (at last) that I have the wrong strap. My stock has no slot in it. It only has two sets of swivels. One set in the normal place and one set on the side. Guess I'll have to figure out which one it takes.

Back