Mauser K98 sling question

mopars_1

do K98 slings always attatch on the front of the gun go on the left side? all of the pics I see of the slings are attatched to the left, but mine has the loop on the right? or were they made to go both ways? any info would be appreciated. thanks
-kevin

if its an old wartime model with wood stock. it should attach to the left at the stock end. otherwise when you sling the rifle onto your shoulder the straight handle of the bolt would be jamming you in the side. unless they had turned bolts too. which i don't believe they did unless it had a scope mounted.

Most likely because, whoever reassembled your rifle, put the rear barrel band on backwards (or upside down depending on how you look at it :p). Just take it off and flip it so the sling slot is on the left side.

unless they had turned bolts too. which i don't believe they did unless it had a scope mounted.

Nope, every K98k ever manufactured had a bent bolt.

yes the gun is a war time peice. I just now have to figure out how to tear the gun down to get the band turned around. i figured the bolt would be in the back, but somtimes you just can't assume anything anymore. thanks!
-kevin

Back