Mauser Help

jac434s

Inactive
I was given a 98 mauser and know little about it. I will try and describe it the best I can in the hopes that someone can educate me. Gun in german, all numbers match (1104 with a fancy looking F under it),left side of the reciever (side with bold release lever) has Mod. 98 in center 1104 further up twards the end of the reciever and then a small eagle over swastica symbol where reciever meets the barrel. Looking at the reciever from the top view there is a number 42 where the front of the bolt meets the reciever, further up duv is stamped, and above that where receiver meets the barrel there is another eagle over a swastica with the numbers 234 under it. The stock is laminated, in good shape with lots of charachter, but the end is shorter than most 98 models I've seen. It stops after the the sling holder. If it was cut, it was cut a very long time ago as the wood on the end looks aged as long as the rest. Gun has the original leather sling. I think thats about it. Is this a good collector rifle, or just a good beater gun? What is it's value?

you have a k-98, if the wood was original it would be worth about 300.00
it has been cut due to the fact 98's had full length wood and hand guard on top. they are good shooting 8mm rifles, strong action if you wanted to build on. as it is probably 100-125.oo tops

Back