Mauser convert to detachable box mag?

Jordan

Has anyone heard of, or seen any kits or configurations allowing me to convert a Mauser to accept detachable box mags? Maybe M-14 or FAL mags for example(I am dealing in .308)?

If not, where can I find compatible stripper clips? This rifle has the guide built into the receiver.

Thanks in advance.

While I'm not familiar with anything for FAL or M14 mags, there is a detatchable mag availible from Whitetail through brownell's. It is a flat floorplate with a release mechanism, and a 5rnd box magazine. it costs about $100.00, and extra magazines are about $30.00-$40.00
It is extremely well made, and they are supposed to be producing a 10rnd mag soon. This setup is availible for Mausers (God bless the VZ-24!!) as well as 700's and mdl 70's. I liked the one I had, but changed back to a hinged floorplate for 'work'.

Thanks nyterunner.
With the (only)five round mags that are currently available, what is the advantage over stripper clips? Not all rifles have the guides? Some have scopes in the way?
I am not familiar with Brownells. But will see if I can find a website. Thanks again.

In Sarco Inc.'s ad in Shotgun News they have a 20 round "trench" warfare magazine for the Gew 98 Mauser that they say installs simply by removing tyhe floorplate. Will work in 98K, Kar 98a, Vz24, and most other M98 style Mausers. $75.00
Bergie

Back