Mauser 98 30.06

freqlord

Looking to find out more about my Mauser. All I know is that its a 98 30.06 and it has a step down barrel. I'd say it is 95-98% and the wood is still in good condition. It was drilled and tapped for a scope and my dad bought it back in the 70's for $60. Any idea of the worth?

I saw a Norwegian K98 in 30-06. It was a post war conversion of a German K98. I wish I had bought it at the price of $150.00.

Columbia bought from Steyr versions of 98 carbines. Little different from a K98, but same length, different upper handguard. Later they made the complete gun in South America.

I think FN made some military 30-06 98's in the 50's.

You never really said if your is full military or a "sporterized" rifle. The full military versions will be worth a couple hundred, maybe $300. A poorly sporterized version will be worth the $70.00 your Dad paid. Since your rifle is drilled and tapped, it will be worth less than the same rifle in original condition.

A collector wants the original item in unissued condition. Price goes down as pieces are lost, modified, worn. At some point the rifle is simply a rock buster to those who want to bust rocks with a cheap rifle.

Without pictures and a better description, can't tell you much about your rifle.

Back