Mauser .22

Geezerbiker

My grandson and I went shooting yesterday but even though we got out early but it was too hot to shoot for very long. We took 5 long guns including the Mauser .22 that I got a few months back and one hand gun.

The seriously unusual thing wasn't that the Mauser shot great but that we didn't have to adjust the scope. I bought the scope rail from Amazon and the scope from Midway. My grandson fired a few shots while I was spotting for him and all were right on the money. I fired a few more rounds and the same thing. I never even bothered taking the adjustment caps off. In all my years shooting, I've never heard of such a thing. I wouldn't have bothered putting a scope on it but part of the rear sight is missing. Anyway it's as good of a shooter as I hoped it would be.

I ran 5 round though my over priced barrelled 77 .22 K-Hornet too but by that time I had a hard time seeing from the sweat running down in my eyes.

We decided that while burning gunpowder was great, it was time to go home where we sat in front of an AC unit downing cold drinks...

We both agreed it had been too long since we had been shooting and made an agreement to get out again soon...

Tony

Back