Mauser 22 Trainer help

danwalker88

Inactive
I inherited a Mauser ES 340 N.22 bolt action rifle with the circular rotating safety. The only problem is that someone in the past had dropped the gun and broke the stock. Does anyone know where I could possibly find a vintage distressed stock for this gun? Will the Mauser 98 stock fit this gun?

Good luck my friend,,,

Good luck my friend,,,
But congrats on the rifle.

I also own a Mauser ES 340B with a less than perfect stock,,,
I've been searching the forums and boards for 8 months with no luck.

I'll make you a deal,,,
If you ever find one and don't want it,,,
Let me know and I'll be a very happy camper.

I'll do the same for you.

Aarond

I too have been looking for such a long time now. I don't even want a nice one just one that is actually functional. Here's what I'm dealing with.
IMG_2441.jpg
[/url]take a screenshot[/IMG]

Last edited:
Aw man,,,

Aw man,,,
That's a cryin' shame.

Do you still have all of the pieces for it?

I've seen some pretty dang decent repair jobs before,,,
It's entirely possible they could be pinned back together.

Aarond

P.S. Here's a website to try,,,
Chock full of people who collect Mauser rifles.

www.mauserguns.com

I have found a place that sells repros at gunville.com but I'm really wanting one that's beat up and been abused but not broken.

"...really wanting one that's beat up and been abused..." That's decidedly unusual, but isn't difficult to reproduce with furniture refinishing techniques. Get a furniture refinishing book(or do a net search) and look for 'distressing' techniques.

Yeah it's unusual but it's all about the history and use. I want it to look used and abused to display on my wall. There's gotta be some junk ones somewhere out there.

If you don't have both pieces, I would just buy the Gunville stock and fit it. When you finish it, wipe a single coat of BLO on it and let it age. Won't take it long to look like the old stock.

Back