Mauser .22 nazi es350

If you have it pinned down to a Mauser ES350 you have done most of the work.

Looks like you have the German training rifle version that has been sporterized, most likely by the GI who grabbed it as Occupation loot.

Thanks Jim but where could a GI have found the Nazi eagle stamps all over the bbl and stock? Actually now I think it is a Nazified Es 340B..

Roger

About all I can tell from those pictures is that it is a bolt action rifle. You have pictured everything except the receiver, which is the key to identification.

Based only on the information and pictures, I suspect it is a Deutsche Sportmodell (DSM), based on the B series action. The DSM was produced for youth training in the Third Reich, like similar rifles by other makers. They were not used by the Wehrmacht except on a limited basis for competition, but were used by the Hitler Jugend. The DSM, again like the others, had a stock similar in design to that of the military Mauser Standard Modell and the K.98k.

The stock pictured has, of course, been cut down and heavily modified, but still retains the simulated disassembly disc and sling slot of the K.98k.

Jim

Ghosts from the past !!!

James K
I think you are one to something as I have seen these before. By any chance, did these come with fake cleaning rods, rain muzzle caps and slotted stocks, just like the K.98k. I also remember the mention of these being training rifles. I saw two of these up in Milwaukee Wisconsin and there is a heavy German influence up there. .... :)

Be Safe !!!

IIRC, they started making the DSM around 1934, part of the Nazi party "sports" program, which was really military training for the youth of Germany. Yes, they had a dummy cleaning rod, sling slot, and bolt disassembly disc to look like the K.98k, but no bayonet lug. Other .22 trainers did have the bayonet lug, though, accepting the standard K.98k bayonet.

Jim

Back