Mauser 1934 pistol range report

jal5

thanks to advice and encouragement from another member, Bill54, I got to shoot a piece of history today! It needed some TLC and a new firing pin barrel and spring. Also some fitting which Bill walked me through.

This is a neat little gun, fed 4 mags through it and all but one mag fed flawlessly. That one I tried to squeeze an extra one into it and I think the spring got a little jammed up. But after ejecting that cartridge the remainder functioned fine. It does look like the cases get scratched somehow on ejection though, maybe that is normal for this pistol? I am shooting Aquilas 32 ACP right now but I ordered some Prvi rounds online yesterday at ammunitiontogo.com.

Once I got used to the sights, at 7yds. I shot a 3.5" group of 6 and 5 of the 6 were 2.5" 4 of those 6 were inside the 2x2 square.

All in all a very fun evening.

Joe

I have the little .25 version. It has not been fired by me and the condition makes it appear it was fired little, if ever, in the past. I have been looking for a .32 Mauser like that but when I got serious about it, the nice ones had all dried up and the rusty browns with pitted bores are all that are apparent at the gunshows for sale, at prices that are embarrasing for a not really rare gun, that is brown and pitted.

Mine looks like it had not been fired very much either. But it was really something to fire a pistol today that hasn't been fired since at least the end of WWII, pretty amazing.

Joe

I've had one for years and its surprisingly accurate,if it only had a better safety i wouldnt think twice about carrying it.

Back