mauser 1914 32 acp

ddskehan

I have a mauser 1914 in 95% condition. I plan on shooting the life out of it. The problem lies that the mag I have has been butchered at the feed lips. This was done prior to me thou. Does anyone know of any mags to be had for this? Is there another pistol out there that I can use it's mags in place of the originals? Even with a little modification? It took me 8 years to find this in massachusetts, and my finger is aching to pull it's trigger.

Triple K

in San Diego makes (markets, anyway) magazines for lots of old pistols. You might try them on line.

Sarco and Gun Parts Corp have - or used to have - odd stuff like what you seek.

I've sent triple K an email. Its been several days and no response back. I would like to buy at least 3 mags for that pistol.

You guys wouldn't believe it. Triple K just called me and they have the mags. Or I should say "had the mags". They are on the way to me. Thanks again archie.

dave:) :) :)

"Shooting the life out of" that little Mauser may not take long; they are pretty notorious for breaking springs, firing pins, etc. Never dry fire it; always use snap caps.

Jim

I have an M1934 commercial model, Mauser quality but I would be leery
of shooting a pistol that has been out of production for over 60 years and
is a somewhat archaic design. I would shoot lead bullets, FMJs are harder
on the barrel and finding a replacement will be difficult.

Markings

Does it say MADE IN GERMANY on the slide? Then it would be a commercial import into the US for sale here. If it does not have that marking, it might well be a vet bringback. Plenty were brought into the country by returning vets. Actually I have seen more of those than the import marked ones. Imports might even be less common, as I don't think they were that popular of a gun in the US. I have a captured 1910 model, the .25 cal that looks like a downsized .32 version. Big for a .25, but seems to be a reliable design. Since this one is about 98%, I had a worn no blue version that I was shooting, and it worked great. Even though the design is dinosaur era. I assume it will only be reliable with ball ammo, but it might suprise you.

It was a vet bring back from WWI. Or at least that's how I bought it. It was also packed in cosmoline when I bought it. After a good long boil it came out beautiful. I've replaced all the springs with a kit from wolf. The original mag marked mauser feeds correctly but isn't in great shape at the feedlips. I'm going to sell it because I have new ones coming. The barrel is mint with almost no sign of being fired. I live in the communist state if mass, so these are very hard to come by. I'm just looking for 1 last pocket pistol and my collection will be finished. I'm looking for a Sauer 1913 in 95+ condition. not a reblue either. Some think i'm crazy but I love to shoot my guns, all except the rare big dollars ones.

3 years I bought a signed photograph from Robert Vaughan taken 40 years
in his character of "Napoleon Solo" from the Man from U.N.C.L.E. He is holding
a Mauser M1910/1934 transformed into a carbine with a longer barrel. "telescopic sight" and shoulder stock.

A friend of mine has come by one of those pistols, you might check and make sure of the year. He thought that his was a 1914, but wasn't. I would have to double check everything now as to why it wasn't, but there are a few differences between it and the older models.
Sure seemed to be a tight pistol, though.

Good luck, and have fun.

I had it dated to 1915. I love to shoot old guns. The new ones I have are really just for trading. Except the SVD which is for collecting/shooting.

Back