Mauregane Arms, Norwich, Conn.

Cyclone

Inactive
Mauregan Arms, Norwich, Conn.

I've got an old single shot 12 ga. that my great grandpa bought around 1905. It has a 32" barrel with a full choke and still shoots good. Does anyone know anything about the company that built it, Mauregan Arms of Norwich Connecticut? I did a search on the web but came up with nothing.

Last edited:
mauregane arms

:) I have a Maurengane 12 ga. 30 inch barrel and if you have found any information about this gun, would you please share it with me? This gun I have belonged to my father. It has a pattent date of May 27, 1902 and I can't find any info on it either. If you have any info my e-mail is accesable to you, thanks very much
Snowman:) :) :)

The correct spelling seems to be Mauregan. A search turned up a couple of single barrel guns for sale in the $50-75 range, so they don't appear to be high priced guns.

I have not turned up any other reference. The name doesn't appear on my list of trade names used by Crescent, a major maker of inexpensive shotguns, which commonly put on any name the customer wanted, usually the name of a hardware store or chain.

If you feel further research is warranted, an inquiry to the Norwich library about businesses of that name in the 1900 period might help.

Just a note of caution. I do not recommend shooting those guns, especially if they have Damascus or twist barrels. Even if the barrels are solid, the guns are well past retirement age.

Jim

Back