Matching handguns with ammo- same country of origin?

scoobysnacker

This is just a little curiosity on my part. I plan on shooting my regular choice of range ammo through my pistols, but I'm considering getting one box of ammo that is from the same country as that pistol (something to put alongside each gun). If possible, the preferred ammo brand from the location and time (applies to some US guns). Problem is, I don't know of ammo from all the places my pistols came from!

I have a partial list, some maybes, and then some I'm clueless on; feel free to correct, add in, or add weights etc.

CZ 75- Sellier and Bellot
Beretta 92- Fiocchi
FEG P9M (hipower clone)- Hungarian RWS? MFS?
S&W 39-2- Federal? Speer? Winchester?
S&W 915- should that be the same as above, or a different round due to age?
Star 30M, Star Modelo B Super- haven't the slightest clue about Spanish ammo, and the guns are decades apart
Norinco T-54 9mm- Norinco or Jing An?

Why? But if that is your project many firearms used by various countries were not manufactured by them so do you get ammo from using country or manufacturing country? ( Berettas in US service were made in Italy until production began here---FN also---) What if country no longer exists? Am I helping? Santa Barbara in Spain made ammo for the govt and military, i'm sure there were others. Browning High Powers were adopted by numerous countries that may or may not have produced ammo. I think i need a cup of coffee:)

Why?

Because :D, as my son would say. I just think it would be a neat addition to the firearm, to have one box of 'native' ammo beside it. It's basically a matter of aesthetics, a decoration for each pistol.
But if that is your project many firearms used by various countries were not manufactured by them so do you get ammo from using country or manufacturing country?
Good question. I will go with country of origin; otherwise (as you noted), my LAPD Beretta would need American ammo. My CZ would stay Sellier and Bellot I imagine, as in my understanding, it was a police pistol from some Czech PD; it says Czechoslovakia instead of Czech Republic but I think the ammo still came from there. And most of the rest would need IMI or other Israeli ammo, as that seems to be where most are coming from, including the S&W 39-2.

And really, we're only talking a couple of obscure brands; I use plenty of S&B, Fiocchi and various US makes. I think the Norinco and the Santa Barbara are the only stuff I would have to hunt around for. Thanks for the Spanish brand, BTW.

Back