Matched Pair of Engraved Kahr K-40s for CCW...Opinions?

Anthony

Hello Everyone,

I am really getting the itch for a pair of stainless steel Kahr K-40s with some engraving, polishing, and a set of bonded ivory scrimshawed grips.

Practical as hell for the Texas weather, but stylish as well.

What do you guys (and gals) think?

Suggestions?

- Anthony

Get them! I'd love to have a engraved and beautiful pistol as my ccw. Anyone want to lend me $2000+ for this one?

View

Anyone?

anyone?

helloooooo....

shiro

I don't think it's a good idea to carry one-of-a-kind (or two-of-a-kind) guns for CCW. If you ever have to use them, you'll probably lose them.

Perhaps, but I doubt it. One look at that engraving and the BG would hear Sergio Leone's trademark theme from "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"....

Ahhhhhhhiieeeeeeaaaahhhhhhiiieeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh....

...and run like hell!!!

- Anthony

Read my mind

For a while, I was thinking that a MK9 could be pretty slick with ivory grips and some minimal, tasteful engraving. But then I thought it was probably more trouble than it's worth.

Almost nobody offers wood grips for the Kahr, much less bonded ivory.

Although, as mentioned earlier on TFL, an interesting source for bonded and genuine ivory grips might be http://www.boonetrading.com

They don't stock Kahr currently, but if you want to shell out for custom carved, or convince them to make bonded molds for Kahr...

If you do get such creatures customized, you will be absolutely required to take lavish photos and post them on TFL.

-MKB

Back