Master Revolver Action Package from S&W.

Gulfcowboy

I was thinking of sending my 638 to S&W for their Master Revolver Action Package. I was also going to send sheild to them as well. Has anyone used them for smoothing up a pistol in the past? Thanks for any information given.

My revolver was in Springfield for warranty service, on S&W's dime, so I had them perform the Master Action Job while they had it.
I had backed-off the strain screw when I got the gun, which lightened the DA pull a little, but the gun was only 80-90% reliable with my handloads if I didn't use Federal primers.
When the gun returned from service, I was a bit disappointed to find the only difference, other than the chamber mouth chamfering, was the strain screw was tight.
Pull weight was the same, ignition reliability was the same, and not much in the way of noticeable smoothness.
If someone had told me that the $125 spent was going to have about the same functional effect as a quarter-turn of the strain screw, I'd have opted to save the money.

Wow. I'm glad I asked. I work hard for my money. I would hate to waste 165.00$$. I might just try a apex spring kit. Thanks for the information.

Back