MAS 49/56

Mike Root

Inactive
Friends, I just got my money back from a publishing company I believe in AZ for a book on fixing the problems with the Century Arms 308 MAS 49/56. Mine doesn't like to eject the spent shell, I've cleaned and polished to no avail and this with factory ammo. I love the way it shoots it just sticks on about every 5 or 6 rounds. Does anyone have a copy of this book by DB Cooper. Or have other advise . Happy Happy
Mike

Mike, there are a couple of things you can do. The simplest is to clip a coil or two off of the recoil spring. The length of these springs vary from rifle to rifle. There is no reason that I can see for this, it's just that way. I have taken shorter ones out of one rifle and put them into a rifle that had a longer one and they work fine. You could also open up the gas tube a little to allow more gas through the system. The following I haven't tried yet but will this week. Remove the gas adjuster completely and tap the hole 5/16x24. Get two set screws. Install them to meet in the middle and by loosening one and tightening the other you can adjust the gas flow. George

Back