Marvel 1911 .22 conversion

Lavan

Tell me why I should not buy a Marvel .22 conversion. I have zipteen .22 pistols and do not need one, but the groups intrigue me.
I should just shoot my Hi Standard Trophy and save $355.00
Tell me to forget it.

I went through the same dilema a couple of years ago. I finally bought a Ciener for my Gold Cup that luckily also functions fine on my new Kimber. One of my buddies has a couple of 1911's from SA that it won't fit without some alterations.
If you are looking for a rational reason, there are several out there. I just decided that I could afford it and I wasn't hurting anyone so I got it. I like it and enjoy shooting it. In fact I just had it out the other day and put a couple of boxes of ammo through it.

If it fits and feels right, it's for you.

Neil Casper

the latest NRA magazine has a test on every 22 conversion you ever heard of and maybe some you didn't. good info--looks like marvel is king of the hill for accuracy...Dick

I broke down and bought the Marvel kit for my pre-70 series Colt NM. It is very well made. I haven't been able to get to the range with it yet, but I'm sure it is accurate. Even though I love my HS Trophy and Victor, I really did need a conversion kit for my Colt. Oops, I guess I was supposed to talk you out of it, huh? Buy one.

Back