Marlin XL-7 .30-06 Rifle, trigger issue

whippa craka

Inactive
Hey guys I just wanted to check something out.

On my Marlin XL-7 .30-06 sometime a few weeks ago I felt the trigger getting a tad loose. I can wiggle it side to side. When I do that I can see the Safety, Bump under the bolt, and bolt release all move around.

I have never had any issues with it, I am really looking for an easy way to fix it. I'm not trying to add anything to it (washers etc...), but if I have to I will.

I'm all ears thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm a novice

I have not. I've kept the bore/action and cartidge area very clean and greased up as much as I can after every use.

I am well up to the task but have more to look into before I start dis-assembling. Any TIPS would be appreciated :). Its a marlin xl7 30-06

This is a common complaint. Something came loose. Take the action out of the stock and tighten the appropriate screws. It's the first thing I did with my XS7 when I got it home.

Any tips on how to prevent the problem in the future? Besides a washer? Maybe something to help keep the screws from moving as easily.

Any tips for dis-assembly are appreciated too :)

Last edited:
The screws that hold the trigger group to the action were probably not tightened well in the initial assembly of the rifle and worked loose over time. Just retighten the screws and maybe put a tiny spot of nail polish on the threads. Disassembly is straight forward. Just unscrew the 3 screws on the bottom of the rifle and the stock falls off. When re-tightening the screws dont go overboard just give it a nice snug twist and dont risk messing anything up. Ideally you would use an inch/lbs. torque wrench to get the screws perfectly tightened to their specs, but most dont have one.

Took the stock off, tightened the trigger w/ the two torque screws above and below it. Problem fixed! Thank you. That was easier then I thought it would of.

Yeppers, Frank, Blue Loctite should be in EVERY toolbox...
it ain't just for guns, but also for cars & motorcycles!!

And Whippa Craka...
gunny.gif

Gotta have our Rifle ****!!

Back