Marlin model 60 for small game

Mjdizo

Inactive
A friend recently gave me a marlin model 60 .22. I would like to small game hunt with it but Florida requires less than 5 shot magazine for hunting. Does anyone know of a way to make my 17 round magazine compliant?

Short clip from the Florida regs. Your Marlin is not centerfire. Welcome to the Forum.

Prohibited methods and equipment for taking game mammals and resident game birds

This document doesn’t address or advise persons as to local ordinances prohibiting the discharge of firearms or as to the validity of such ordinances.

Centerfire semi-automatic rifles having magazine capacities of more than five rounds

Check the states definition of game mammals. They might only be restrictions on big game mammals. Some exceptions may exist. If you have trouble with the terms used it may be best to call the department of fish and wildlife and ask for a warden to answer your questions. They usually appreciate someone asking first

Yes you can only kill good by staying with Coon rabbits quarrels snakes If want to hunt bigger game you will need a center fired gun 22.250 223 243 up have a good time with your new gun

I take it your rifle is tube fed.
As far as I know I've never hear tell of some other attempting to reduce the cartridge capability of a (tube) magazine into a {compliant} 5-shot shooter.

Residing in MN I'm always a bit curious.
Burmese python snakes. Do the Florida hunting crowd have a recipe so to cook & eat those huge snakes yet?

Did somebody say BBQ Snake.

I've watched several B. python hunting videos in Florida and from what I see there was never a kill. Only a capture. Gotta wonder if the videos I watched just turned them into fish and game.

Consider placing a aluminum rod inside the

mag spring,
Likely a 1/8"diamter rod cut to allow five rounds.

I use a 60 for squirrel in SE MI, and I just load five, but one time ater quieetly walking a trail, and four yearling coyotes come tering out and away from me,
hunkered down to get a shot, when an adult made a "bark" and they skeddalled!

The I loaded all 18 forback-up.

MI regs do not mention rimfire, just canter-fire.

Back