Marlin model 3087s

flatboy

Inactive
Hello gun people im a newbe trying to find out some info on a couple firearms i own starting with a Marlin lever action 30/30 its stamped limited edition model 3087s with gold trigger and gold medallion (longhorn commemerative) in bedded in the stock. What i want to know is the year possible,and does it have value,(possible looking to sell it)

You have what's referred to as a "private label" firearm - one of the many that private organizations/companies/etc commission from one of the major firearms manufacturors, and have the quantity ordered in bulk marked to their specification(s).

Okalahoma Tire & Supply is one such private label, and one of their firearms (there were several different ones) was the Model 3087 - which is a specially marked Marlin Model 30AS, and would have about the same value as any other used one in like condition.
Unless, a prospective buyer didn't like the commemoration - which would devalue it in their eyes -
or
A prospective buyer was connected to Okla and/or Okla Tire - which would give it a premium in their eyes.

Coma-se, coma-sa.

The key to it's DOM is in it's serial number, but if the stock medallion commemorates Marlin's 100th anniversary, the rifle is from 1970.

Thats pretty cool. I didnt wanna sell it if was worth something. I bought it for 100$ 5yrs. ago and use it for deer hunting! The medallion only has longhorn commemorative. Can i find the date off the serial #.

Back