Marlin lever action bolt removal question

Mesa

Anybody know if the bolt is removable (for cleaning of the barrel), on a Marlin Model 30AW 30/30? If so, how?

Thanks,

Mesa

I used the instructions that George sent a while back and it was easy to remove clean and reassemble my Marlin.

Thanks again George!

Could I have the same instructions emailed to me, please?

df446@geocities.com

Thanks.

------------------
"Anyone feel like saluting the flag which the strutting ATF and FBI gleefully raised over the smoldering crematorium of Waco, back in April of ‘93?" -Vin Suprynowicz

DeanF, your e-mail bounced again. If you will send me a SASE I'll send you a hard copy of the instructions. Stringer Gunsmithing, 501 W. Main St., Earlington, KY 42410. George

Really?!?!? That's bizare.

Would you mind trying another address?

deanf@seatac.net

Thanks again.

If you ever ave questions about cleaning, maintenance, or dissasembly of a firearm, the best resource is the manufacturer's manual that came with the firearm. Most manufacturers will be happy to send you a manual for little or no cost. To reach Marlin, mail to:

Marlin Firearms Company, Box 248, North Haven, CT 06473

Or go to http://www.marlinfirearms.com

I also recommend the books that are available in the stores that go over step-by-step breakdown of many models of rifles. Forgive me, I do not recall the exact names and titles.

I'm afraid you are wrong about the Marlin Manuals not covering bolt removal. I went and bought a new lever action 30-30 Sunday and the manual clearly explains how to remove the bolt so that the gun can be cleaned from the breech.

At any rate, I appreciate all the responses.

Mesa

Back