Marlin Camp Gun

Alex T

Inactive
Anyone got good/bad experience with the Marlin Camp Gun in 9mm Para?
What can I expect on shooting at 100m and farther.

Not much. According to Marlin, these were designed for use in New York city apartments
where pistols are not allowed. This was told to me be Frank Kenna, head of Marlin at the NRA show here in San Antonio in the early
90's. This was the primary purpose of these rifles, short range proposition.

While not constructed as ruggedly as the Ruger PC9 it is cheaper.on the plus side it takes Smith&Wesson 59 series magazines which can be had in 15,20,25,and 30 round configurations and is a fun gun to plink with. Also have seen them in a bullpup stock made by muzzlelite looks pretty cool.to sum up, would I use one for self defense purposes probably not.Could it be used? yes but I think primarily I would just use for fun

I had one a while back and traded it away for something else(which has since been traded also-you know how that goes)and liked it. My only real complaint was that it was tough to clean, but it was accurate and really fun to shoot. They take S&W mags, so mags are easy to get. They are built pretty tough, IMHO, and should last a long time, but they really aren't a 100 yard gun. They are a great 50 yard gun, though, if that'll do it for you.

------------------
With my shield or on it...

What about the .45 version?I have been thinking about getting one for the better part of a two years now but have always bought something else.

KEVIN

KML,
I have the Camp 45 and it is great. I mounted a spare red dot scope on it and shoot it allot. I was surprised how accurate it was, even with my lead reloads

NJW in AZ

I had the Marlin Camp .45. Uses the same mags as Colt 1911 pistols. That's why I bought it to match my Colt. I didn't really care for it or have a use for it, but it was a good shooter. Ate all kinds of ammo, as long as you had the feed ramp right (when you break it down for cleaning and put back together, it was possible to mis-alighn the feed ramp as it pivoted).

I have also seen magazine kits in Shotgun News where someone sells an adaptor to use just about any type of pistol mag in it (9mm), thus having 100% compatability with the pistol of your choice (even glock mags!).

Blackie

AR BLACK,
Can you elaborate on the mag adapters? I do not get SHOTGUN NEWS. I just bought a CAMP-9 and I sure would like to adapt it to match my Glocks.
Thanks,
Mike

------------------
"Freedom is not free"

Back