Marlin 336 RC .35 Remington

Hawkman

Picked one up cheap yesterday. Manufactured in 1968, obviously well used, but the bore was good. I cleaned it last night and took it to a local indoor range. Only had 25 yards, but with iron sights on a rest it shot a less than quarter-sized group. I love it!

I love the snot out of mine. I inherited it from my dad years ago. I've been hunting with it for about 12 years and never even had to adjust sights on it. I can put 2 shots in a coffee can at 75 yds standing. Took a big doe with it last season at 40yds that was dead on her feet for the couple feet that she ran.

Mine is a 1951 with the waffle top so it will never be drilled for a scope. It's one of 2 guns in my collection that is forever off limits for a sale.

Congrats on the fine weapon!

Excellent choice my friend. The .35 remington is much more effective than the paper ballistics seem to say. I notice game gets pinned to the ground with much more authority than the 30WCF with about the same recoil.

Got a 336RC from 1958...

My plinking load is made with low doses of Red Dot, and hard cast 158gr RCBB from Penn...

At .358" the .35 Rem Micro Groove rifling loves those bullets with no leading...

I mounted a 4x scope last night and am headed back to the range today. I intend to create a lot of "once-fired" brass and verify yesterday's results.

I have always been a fan of Marlin, ever since my dad let me shoot his 39 back in the 50's when I was a kid. I used to drool over the 336's at Western Auto. (Only the old guys will relate to that! :D)

Mine was made circa 1973 and it's a fine rifle that's accounted for plenty of deer. I'd say that it it nearly the perfect close-range woods gun. Mine is mounted with an old 2.5X scope and is very fast in the woods. Great caliber, works good on our whitetail deer.

Shot 4 groups of three then this last one of five. The flier was my fault. All groups were similar (except for the flier!:D)

There!

Attachments

• Marlin .35 rem 25 yards.JPG
    Marlin .35 rem 25 yards.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back