Marlin 336- 35 Remington Royal Canadian

buckmt1

Could someone give me a real world value of a Marlin 336, 35 Remington Royal Canadian
I would rate it at 98-99% never scoped, lightly hunted. Brophys said 270 were made. My gunsmith said "rare bird"
Thanks.

Artillery King Of The Battlefield

Not familiar with that rifle. If there are any rare or special features on it then it should bring a premium. But gun makers have in the past have taken a normal production rifle and simply engraved something on the barrel or receiver and called it a commemorative. Those rifles may bring a lot more money to some people, but most of them will actually sell for no more and often less than a standard rifle.

For such low production numbers, there sure are a lot of discussions about them online. (Which makes me: A: question the accepted production numbers; and B: Wonder how many people bought them thinking they just hit the "jackpot"...)

The general consensus seems to be that the Royal Canadian 336s are worth only $50-150 more than a comparable 336 from the same production period. Being .35 Remington, you can add $25-50.

Without photos, my "real world" value would be $230. It is, more than likely, worth notably more; but that's my baseline for functional 336s.

35 rem.

Thanks I will try and post pics. What would be the best sight to sell weapon, gunsamerica or gunbroker. ?
Thanks.

Artillery King Of The Battlefield

i would give 230.00 for any marlin .35 rifle in used decent shape, around here they run close to 400.00. eastbank.

Yes, rare bird. They made them for the Canadian market and were informed than Up North you can only use the word "Royal" with the express permission of the Royal Family.

If you can find someone who will pay the premium, lucky you. Might have better luck with someone in Canada than someone in Alabama. I have run into people who could not find Canada on the map and they are not hankering for a Royal Canadian rifle. Now in my neck of the woods, if the barrel was stamped "Roll Tide", you would find some buyers. Especially if it was sold as a Bear Bryant special. That would bring a premium. But not to an Auburn fan. It would take away value.

Back