Marlin 30cal vs 35cal

Six of one,half dozen of another. Some folks that may run across bear like the 35 more but I'm no bear hunter.

IMO, no clear advantage either way. Get what you want...

Unless you have a specific need for the .35, I'd go with the 30-30 since they are as common as dirt and ammo is avalible just about anywhere.

I have a .35 Rem Marlin and its great. It is a good deer cartridge. Knocks them down every time. Can get ammo at any Wal-Mart or K-Mart.

This post is kinda late, but I just got here.
I have killed deer with a 30-30 and a 35 Rem, and still have both. Will take the 35 over the 30-30 every time. More "knock down", and doesn't recoil any worse than the 30-30. I have found my Marlin 336 35 Rem to be more accurate than my Win 94 30-30, and it is a heck of a lot easier to mount a scope on. Have a Simmons 4x on it and have worked up handloads with 200 gr bullets that give 3 shot 1" groups @ 100 yds.

Hold on to your 336 Marlin 35. I tried to buy a new one last week and they are nowhere to be found in the southeast. A Marlin rep said none have been produced in over 3 months by Marlin.

I hunt in heavy woods where a long shot is 50 yards. My 30-30 kills deer. My nephew's 35 rem kills deer too. So, which deer is more dead? You'll like either if you hunt in heavy cover. For more open hunting, I'de get something else.

Back