Marlin 30-.30 Trigger

RGDZorro

Bought my Marlin 30-.30 336CS used, shoots great except for a heavy trigger pull, feels like its over 7 to 8 lbs, but it breaks very clean. How difficult is it to do a trigger job on it? Where can I get the info to do something like this myself? It doesn't seem practicle to spend alot of bucks to have a pro do it since I didn't pay that much for the rifle in the first place. Would appreciate any help, thanks.

RGD, there are 2 subjects that I don't give advice on. Trigger work and loading data. The trigger can be reworked but I recommend you let a smith do it. George

Zorro. I most strongly second George's advice. Triggers are for the inexperienced to be messed with. Don't find any gunsmith, find a good one. Messed up triggers cause AD's and we don't need those.
Paul B,:eek:

I'll third the advice, but before doing anything, drop a little good gun oil down in front of the hammer. If the gun is dry, you might be surprised.

Jim

I have an 1895 .45-70. I lightened the trigger considerably by replacing the stock Marlin spring with a stock Ruger Super Blackhawk mainspring cut down to approximately the same length as the Marlin's. Because the Ruger spring is smaller in diameter, I used a small washer at the rear of the spring to give it a flat fit with the retainer. There have been no ignition failures.

Back