marlin 1894c and williams sights

MechE

Inactive
I recently purchased a new Marlin 1894c lever action. I just purchased a set of Williams FP-94\36 peep sight for it. To my disbelief I discovered that my 1894c is not drilled and tapped for it. I have handled many other 94's that were factory drilled and tapped.

Now I am wondering if I should get a gunsmith to drill and tap some holes for me so I can mount my purchased sight. I noticed that Williams makes a FP-336 that mounts on the gun using the scope mount holes.

Does anyone know if the FP-336 will mount on the 1894c?

What size of firesights is everyone using on there 1894's? I got one with my sight and it has "313" stamped on the bottom of it.

MechE,
You may want to check out the AO ghost ring by ashley outdoors.
I just put one on my Winchester Trapper and its a great sight. Goes right on using the scope mount holes. Most new Winchesters dont have the holes for the side mount peeps like the old ones. I had to have my other Trapper drilled for it. I had a Williams on that rifle and though it worked fine, it was a little fragile. The AO is a lot more robust and has a bigger "ring". I used my Williams without the disc in it, peep was to small.

http://www.ashleyoutdoors.com/

Back