Marlin 1894 Lever Action in .357

AR BLACK

...I'm thinking about getting one of these with a 16" bbl. Is it any good?

Does Marlin still make this model? I could not find it on their web site (they only had the big-bore lever guns listed).

------------------
Blackie
NRA, GOA, ISRA

There is no restriction on tube fed rifles. My Win 94 will hold 11 45 Colts and my Marlin 39AS will hold 19 .22 LR.

As for Marlin's web site, I sure agree with you on the difficulty of getting around there. It is one of the more user antagonistic sites I've found. They need someone to go in there and clean up their silly linking system and roll down controls.

I'd like to try one of those .357 Marlins as well ...

Interesting to see your comments on their web site - I had exactly the same impression. Had to go back and explore for quite awhile before I finally figured the thing out. Really could use some work. Too bad - they make great lever-action rifles.

No4 - thanks for the links. I'll drop a line to the Marlin Webmaster and ask for a discount on my next purchase :).

------------------
Blackie
NRA, GOA, ISRA

AR, I love mine, but it's an older model and not set up to shoot .38special AND .357 ammo. If you get one, be sure it'll shoot both; .38's are cheap plinking, and .357 are just plain fun! Safe and happy shootin'
Terry

I don't know if these guns are the same but I tried to get a Marlin cowboy in .357 and was told by every gun dealer in town that there wrer none to be found. They must be pretty good guns.

The newer models that shoot both .38 and .357 is excellent!! I found them to be qite accurate and a real pleasure to shoot. It is also a big advantage if you have one as a self defense rifle if you live on a ranch or farm where a high powered rifle bullet may still be more than neccessery. shooting .38's will make it a fun rifle for plinking OR for business with the proper rounds and a .357 if you feel the need for more power. It is also a very rugged, reliable rifle in my opinion :)

------------------
"what gives a government that arms the whole world the right to disarm it's own citizens?"

Back