Marlin 1894 help

csvscs96

Inactive
I own a marlin 1894 pre-safety 1979 model, and I decide to add a scope mount on my marlin 1894, but when I recieve the scope mount I find the screw hole is too small on the marlin

Here is a pic of the hole size on my marlin
2r3zihi.jpg

the mount
fdgbah.jpg

Do anyone know any place to get a screw that is small enough to fit in to the hole on my marlin and have a big enough cap to secure the mount?

or a mount able to fit in to my marlin?

I want to leave the drilling as last resort, if i were to drill, what should I watch out?

Scope mounts (blocks) are usually sold to fit particular guns. For instance you should have ordered scope mounts for, a Marlin 1894 pre-safety 1979 model. It should have come with the correct screws for your model. Which begs the question: Where did you get that mount? Was it purchased specifically to fit your gun or is it a mount of unknown/different origin?

If the mount was ordered and labeled as fitting your model, try one of the screws by putting a screw into the mount and screwing it into your gun. You may be being confused by the fact that the hole in the mount will be larger than the screw hole in the gun for clearance and also counter-bored to allow the screw head to fit below flush in the mount. Take the filler screw (it is headless), out of your gun and try it...we really do not know your level of understanding.

Last edited:
it was said to fit most marlin, and i just able to fit it on to my marlin the screw was a really tight fit so at first i thought it wasn't the correct size

thx for the help

Back