Marlin 17VS Question: Failure to Extract

CrazyHorse89

Gentlemen,

Its been a long time since I posted, life had a way if putting my love of shooting on hold for a while, to the point: :) I LOVE the .17MHR and found a steal of one at my local pawn shop, it is a Marlin 17 VS with a scope mounted. Took it to the Range and BOY what a tact driver.....But for some reason it seemed that perhaps one in 10-15 rounds there was an issue. Extracting the round in the camber it had a problem ejecting the spent case, shooting the Hornady .17HMR ballistic tips.

FYI, I gave it a good cleaning after i picked it up from the pawn shop.

Can someone tell me if they have had that problem before, is there is a way to address this issue, new extractor pin etc..

I'm glad to be back guys.

Thanks in Advance.

Exactly what is happening? Does it extract with difficulty, not at all. Does it extract after it cools a little bit. Does it extract but fail to eject?.

I will be honest with you, my 11 year old was shooting it..

I was shooting my 10/22 next to him, and he would call me "DAD, the ammo is stuck". I would have to pry it out, but it was perhaps after 1 hour of shooting maybe 60+ rounds through it that it would get that way.

Take a look at a spent case as there maybe a burr or something of that sort that is causing the problem. You may have to lightly polish the chamber to get it to work like it should.

Back