Mark IV 22/45 Lite. Who has one?

triplebike

Hi all, I'm considering buying these. Would any of you that has one of the please supply some feedback on what you like or don't like. Any problems with reliability? Ammo issues? I shoot my 22's a lot. I'm retired and and on a fixed income & I just want to make sure I spend my money wisely. It fits me fine so that's not an issue. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have two Mark IV 22/45 Lites. One is highly modified with just about every part from Volquartsen that there is. The other is pretty much stock except for the VQ Accurizing Kit and a Red Dot sight.

My Mark IVs are 100% reliable. I started shooting at least 500 rounds of CCI Mini Mags to break them in. After that they will shoot everything I feed them.

I use mine for Steel Challenge matches were reliability is a must. I've shot them both as stock guns and was very pleased but for some reason I can't leave well-enough alone.

I now run Blazer exclusively out of one of my Lites and Eley out of the heavily modified one.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 19
Frankly, I'm having mixed feelings and am considering trading mine (burnt bronze).

Pluses:
Dream to field strip and clean
Shoots anything. Never had a problem with any ammo
Plenty of aftermarket parts

Negatives:
Cap on end (covering suppressor threads) always working loose
Don't like the grip angle
For me, much less accurate than any of my 9mms or any other semi-auto in the safe. Really can't figure out why. With the 9's, I can take out the x-ring. With this, at least 4" groups at the same distance.

My Colt 1911-22 (Walther) is more accurate and consistent, if picky about ammo.

I have a Mk IV 22/45 Lite and Mrs. McGee has a Mk IV 22/45 Target. I have a suppressor for the Lite and will eventually get the Target's barrel threaded. Some rambling thoughts on the two pistols:
  • Both are easy-peasy when it comes to breakdown and cleaning.
  • I'm only a few hundred rounds into either, but I'm not having any reliability problems.
  • The Target is definitely more accurate than the Lite.
  • Even the Lite is easily plinker-accurate.
  • A suppressed Lite is TONS of fun!

I have a LITE and a Ruger suppressor for it as well. This past Saturday took the 9 y/o grandson on his first trip to the range, let him shoot a couple RF rifles and the LITE, he did fine with all of 'em. I had taken some 30 y/o ammo (Fed Lightning) for the GS, and tried it in the LITE, only 1 stovepipe, no other issues at all. Reminds me, need to go clean those RF's. LOL

I appreciate all the reply's so far. Not looking for a target gun. I really enjoy shooting 22's but with my old eyes I usually shoot at no more than 15yrds standing & all my 22 handguns are open sights.

I don’t know, maybe I just got a bad one... but mine is a jam machine. And light primer strikes at least once per mag. With alllllll kinds of different ammo. All that, combined with the terribleness of the trigger, means it’s probably going to find a new home soon.

Really wanted to like it.

Only have a mark 3, but the standard weight version is much easier to shoot accurately. My light version fills a specific want for suppressed.

I'm able to chase those larger size pea cans around the plinking range at 20-25 yds w/o issue with my LITE, soup cans would probably need to be closer to me .

Back