Mark II Competition vs. Target Model

rock_jock

I have a hankering to get another match grade .22 lr pistol, and the Competition Model Mark II looks very attractive. My question is, is it worth the extra $$ over the Target Model? If so, why? Is the accuracy that much better, or the weight/balance, etc.?

Also, I am a lefty and will need to replace the standard grips. Should I go with a replacement set for left-handers (i.e., with the right thumb rest) or get a Hogue wraparound?

Can't comment on the potential difference in accuracy, never have bench rested my competition model, suspect they would be very similar as Ruger Mk2s tend to be very accurate no matter which model. Are you comparing blued to stainless and don't forget the scope rings included with the Comp. model. The comp model is more muzzle heavy than the target model. You can get left handed factory grips.

Not that familiar with the "target model"

Does it have a bull (heavy round non-tapered) barrel? The difference between this and the competition model is that the "Slabsided" (flat-sided) barrel is said to dissipate heat somewhat faster.

Besides the included scope mount and rings, the only differences are those you can see and the feel in the balance and weight.

I replaced my thumbrest grips with Hogue wraparound to use the pistol for weak hand practice.

Regards.

Back