Marble tang sight ?

rebs

I purchased a Marble tang peep sight for my Savage 99 in 300 savage cal. When I adjust the windage knob it turns about a quarter turn before I feel a click. It doesn't feel normal like adjusting a scope windage knob. Does anyone on here have a marble tang peep that is like this one or may it be defective ?

I'm pretty sure the windage adjustment on these have a detent, and will click several times per revolution. These are generally tighter in turning than on a scope.

I do feel the clicks but there is only about 5 per revolution. Does that sound about right or should there be more ?

I would say that is about correct in number, 5 or 6 positions per revolution, as I can't remember the exact number. The windage screw has a very fine thread, so when moving the knob only 1/5 to 1/6 turn, you are not moving the sight very much at all, similar to a scope.

I have a Redfield Olympic peep sight on my Winchester 75, and when you get used to using them, they are accurate.

In the shop I have a Marble tang sight for the Savage 99 rifle, I checked the windage adjustment and can feel 8 distinct clicks per 1 full revolution.

Thank you for the replies I appreciate it, If there is only about 5 to 8 clicks then mine should be about right. I expected there to be more clicks per revolution of the knob.

Back