Manuhrin Revolvers

Blue Heeler

These French revolvers are being sold here in Australia with
very good reports about their build quality and accuracy.
They come with factory targets showing sub one inch groups at 25yds.They also claim to have a new revolver design which allows one hand emptying of cases (no need to push them out with left hand.)They also claim to be built from better quality steel than other revolvers,and have proof tested strength in their cylinders and barrels which far exceed normal revolvers.---I have heard that Ruger had some dealings with them but did not in the end proceed with further developments--I note that the Manurhin Model 96 looks very like a GP100---does anyone know anything?

Manhurin

When I was shooting Steel a number of years ago I say some of these revolvers on the firing line. Outstanding fit and finish. The accuracy reports are severely understated. Incredible firearm! Exteremely accurate. Example of the .44 mag that I saw. In the hands of an International class shooter....iron sights....200 meters....consistent 2 inch groups.
Just my $0.02
Chet

I had the opportunity to shoot a Manuhrin (.38spl) a couple years ago and, as stated above, the praise you are hearing is quite understated. They are magnificent. They are pretty much what you'd expect to see if Rolex made revolvers (and what you'd expect to pay as well).

I don't know about any dealings they had with Ruger but I find it difficult to imagine. The two companies' gun making philosophies are almost as opposite as they can get. The Manuhrin I shot looked much more like a S&W K frame than a GP100.

A question for Cybervette, are you positive that Manhurin built a .44 Rem. Mag.? I couldn't find one on their site. I tend to be a little skeptical about anything built by the French. Anyone here lusting after a French automobile? Just my opinion, henry

The Manurhin 93 ( that's the way you spell it folks ) was produced in partnership with Ruger in the early 90s and released in '93; hence the model number. They are made with CNCed castings including the barrel shroud. They were originally made to arm French police with a more economical gun than the mod 76, which is the fine-tuned-watch-like gun that costs 2K+. I've never shot one but they're supposed to have as good a trigger as the originals. BTW, you CAN unload 'em one-handed. The cylinder latch is mounted on the crane, ala Dan Wesson, but on the RIGHT side so you can sweep the latch down and open the cylinder in one motion.
Don't know about a 44 mag. Just as soon keep my S&Ws. ;)

Thanks for your views---I have the same suspicion about
French made stuff as Henry has.Nevertheless,this might be
an exception.
As a matter of general interest,there is a site here which
displays photographs of pistols for sale in Australia and
there are 3 Manurhin's there http://www.potfire.com.au/

Back