mannlicher-schoenauer

44-40

MY cousin emailed he had just picked up a 1910 ms rifle in 9.5x56,any idea what one of these is worth??

As with any firearm value, it depends on rarity, current interest in the gun, and condition.
I have 'a few' Mannlicher-Schoenauer rifles. I have paid as little as $400 for a 1908 8x56 MS full stocked carbine with double set triggers, to as much as $1600 for a similar 1908 in 9x56 MS.
Luck plays a big part in finding deals, but your Cousin's rifle probably falls about in the $1000+ range if the condition is good. Did he say what he paid for his?

Hey Mannlicher,
Do you know of any good websites or forums that have a lot of info on Styer Mannlicher Shoennuer rifles? My Dad has one that my grandfather bought in Germany back in the 1950's. It is a 30-06 with double set triggers, a really cool intergrated scope mount that has a dove tail front mount, an ofset rear mount similar to the Leupold quick release mount, and the rings are permanently attached to the scope. It is by far the smoothest action of any rifle I have ever handled and a dead on shooter. I'm interested in getting one for myself and would appreciate a good place to research different models/configurations. Thanks,
Seth.

CarolinaFlats,
I am sure that there must be a site, but I am have not found it. There has always abeen some info online,but not a lot. Do a Google Search, and you will get some sites.

A friend of mine passed up a very nice MS in 6.5 a few months ago. $1,900, IIRC.

It had a Griffin & Howe quick detach scope mount and bases on it. I tried to convince him to buy it, as he could turn around and flip the mount and bases for close to $500.

Back