Mann 25 auto

Mike Root

Inactive
I recently picked up a Mann 25 automatic. I get short primer hits. I field stripped it, cleaned it well. my qtip test shows that the firing pin does have good force but still only dented primers. I can't figure out how to remove slide to get at firing pin. Any Suggestions. Mike

Mike, I can't find anything on the Mann. It's my guess either the firing pin has worn to the point of being too short or there is caked crud inside the firing pin recess keeping it from traveling it's full length. Try pulling back on the slide and lifting the rear at the same time. There may be a notch in the frame that the slide lifts out of. If it comes up, you can just take it off the front. Assembly would be the reverse. George

George, Thanks but thats not how this one works. There is no slide per-se. The recoil rod and spring are above the barrel.
The firing pin and spring are in a .25" tube behind the barrel. I can't figure out how to remove this tube to get at the firing pin and the pin doesn't want to come out. Thanks anyway, Anybody else heard of this little jewel. It was made in Germany in 21 &22. supposedly the smallest semi auto.
Mike

Mike, I'm sending you something that might help. When you mentioned the world's smalles semi-auto a bell rang. Actually the smallest is the Liliput Automatic. These were first made in Germany in 1925 but August Menz. See if it helps you out. George

Back