Man Pulls Gun on Sam’s Club Customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Tennessee, a concealed handgun license holder flipped off a man over a political message on his clothing. He then drew his concealed handgun and stuck it in the man’s face. So this man, who judging by his grey hair, has managed to go most of his life without any kind of serious criminal charges, decided to throw his freedom away over the most ridiculous of causes.

https://www.wbko.com/content/news/M...-at-Sams-Club-in-Bowling-Green-505971901.html

From a tactics standpoint, he also failed to get the reaction he was seeking. The intended victim was not only not terrified; but pursued his attacker into the parking lot as he attempted to flee. Notably, his attacker tried to claim justifiable self defense and the video seemed to back up his story at first; but eyewitness testimony ended up in his arrest.

Apparently the cameras have blind spots in them just from reading the article and we are getting half of the story or, for those believe there are actually three sides (yours, mine, and the truth), a third of it. I'll wait for the rest of the story

As Bugs would say :"What a MAROON!"

Please remember that the bugs cartoon is very old and although I am sure the meaning is not intended to be be racial. Using a word which does have a historical meaning referring to slaves- can be taken the wrong way.

I used the word quite often as a kid from hearing it on the cartoons but sometime in the 90s I was cautioned about its historical meaning

Just food for thought

Guns are not talismans and clearly there is a training or lack of training issue which needs addressing. This is the jackassery that leads to gun buster signs.

Seriously? I'm pretty sure Bugs was just mispronouncing "moron" I've never heard of any other historical meaning. (I will look it up but I am skeptical)

Edit: Cimarrón?

Last edited:
Please remember that the bugs cartoon is very old and although I am sure the meaning is not intended to be be racial. Using a word which does have a historical meaning referring to slaves- can be taken the wrong way.

I used the word quite often as a kid from hearing it on the cartoons but sometime in the 90s I was cautioned about its historical meaning

Just food for thought

HUH? It isn't racial; it's a spoof on MORON...........please get a grip:rolleyes:

I am not suggesting that bugs bunny is racial but based on the climate of current times, I was simply bringing its historical meaning to light. You can look it up, its not hard to find.

That is sort of the lazy argument to tell people it is easy to find, then not provide a reference for proof. Let me help you...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroon_(people)

However, just because the word can have a racial meaning does not mean it is being used racially. Obviously, there is no reference here to runaway slaves. Here also is the BB reference...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=maroon

A term of derision often uttered by Bugs Bunny when referring to an interaction with a dopey adversary. It is a mispronunciation of the word "Moron"

Lazy? really... it took 3 seconds https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/maroon

again for those who may have missed it. This has nothing to do with bugs bunny, I was simply offering that the word has a meaning relating to slavery. Take it for what its worth or don't. My intent was to merely help someone avoid having someone make the accusation.

Last edited:
Boy, you guys really have nothing better to do? Guess I am one of a few that used to love watching Bugs, Daffy and the rest.

Back to the OP . . .

Back to the OP . . . Wow. How incredibly stupid can a person be. This guy needs to have his second amendment right removed.

Prof Young

I can't say I would have shown the same restraint if someone stuck a gun in my face. I'm not trying to sound like I'm Chuck Norris, but I would have put that guy on the floor, if not in a body bag. Then again, I don't advertise my political beliefs or my (likely) armed status with clothing or decals.

Who follows an armed person out into the parking lot after having a gun shoved in his face?
People. I've talked to a number of officers who will tell you that the days of showing up on a scene, displaying a firearm, and getting immediate compliance are gone (whether because we're desensitized or cell phones make us think someone will always be held accountable I don't know). And police are people that actually have additional legal authority. I watched both a man and a woman "kill" two people in a force on force scenario because they drew firearms, expected compliance, and had no idea what to do when they didn't get it. When others ran through the same scenario no one was killed because a firearm didn't have to be drawn in the first place. This story could have gone even worse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I understand that -- I guess it strikes me that the victim in this scenario (if indeed he's the victim, as it seems there's some gaps in the account?) could have quickly lost his victim status by following his would-be gunman out into the parking lot when he clearly did not need to. Maybe he wanted to snap a photo of him, maybe he was packing too and wanted to make a point, or maybe he would have just got himself shot.

Legally I'm not sure how that would go -- man gets gun shoved in face (innocent victim in immediate jeopardy) -- threat removes itself (no more jeopardy) -- man follows the threat into a parking lot and ends up back in jeopardy (now he's contributed to the escalation of the problem) -- let's say man now shoots the threat in self defense, that would never have been needed had he called the cops and stayed put in Sam's Club next to the 25 gallon drum of peanut butter.

Seems like both sides were doing dumb stuff. But I make no claims to intelligence of my own! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back